We are now accepting applications for the 2019 Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Summer Course in Synthetic Biology.
- Course Dates: July 23 – August 5, 2019
- Application deadline: April 1, 2019
We encourage you to apply if…
- You are a scientist whose training is well underway (senior graduate student to junior faculty and beyond).
- You are interested in steering your research in a new direction, towards synthetic biology.
- You are interested in a multi-disciplinary approach to biology and bioengineering. We encourage students of all backgrounds, whether the very biological or very theoretical, to apply!
Scholarships: Several stipend awards are available for applicants who are accepted into the course. Please read details about the available stipend awards at https://meetings.cshl.edu/sponsors.aspx?course=C-SYNBIO&year=19. In order to be considered for an award, you must specifically reference which one you are eligible for in the Stipend Request section of your application.
Statement/Essay: Your application packet will include a narrative. At the end of your narrative, please rank your interest in the following major available laboratory modules:
- Cell-free transcription and translation systems (TX-TL) to characterize genetic circuits and RNA regulators
- Modeling gene expression using ordinary differential equations
- DNA Assembly and Design of Expression Cassettes
- Microfluidics for high-throughput characterization of biological systems
- Computational modeling of genetic circuits and microbial communities.
Application Form: Click the Application tab at the top of this page: https://meetings.cshl.edu/courses.aspx?course=C-SYNBIO&year=19