We are now accepting applications for the 2018 Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Summer Course in Synthetic Biology.
- Course Dates: July 24 – August 6, 2018
- Application deadline: April 15, 2018
We encourage you to apply if…
- You are a scientist whose training is well underway (senior graduate student to junior faculty and beyond).
- You are interested in steering your research in a new direction, towards synthetic biology.
- You are interested in a multi-disciplinary approach to biology and bioengineering. We encourage students of all backgrounds, whether the very biological or very theoretical, to apply!
Scholarships: Several stipend awards are available for applicants who are accepted into the course. Please read details about the available stipend awards at https://meetings.cshl.edu/sponsors.aspx?course=C-SYNBIO&year=18. In order to be considered for an award, you must specifically reference which one you are eligible for in the Stipend Request section of your application.
Statement/Essay: Your application packet will include a narrative. At the end of your narrative, please rank your interest in the following major available laboratory modules:
- Chromatin Engineering: Synthetic Regulators that ‘Decode’ Histones
- In vivo Evolution: Cas9-Mediated Mutagenesis and Selection
- Mathematical Modeling: Computational Biology Using Ordinary Differential Equations
- TX-TL Breadboarding: RNA-based Logic Gates
Application Form: Click the Application tab at the top of this page: http://meetings.cshl.edu/courses/2018/c-synbio18.shtml