We are now accepting applications for the 2017 Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Summer Course in Synthetic Biology. We encourage you, your colleagues, and/or your trainees to apply if…
- You are a scientist whose training is well underway (senior graduate student to junior faculty and beyond).
- You are interested in steering your research in a new direction, towards synthetic biology.
- You are interested in a multi-disciplinary approach to biology and bioengineering. We encourage students of all backgrounds, whether the very biological or very theoretical, to apply!
Since the course began in 2013, industry professionals, graduate students, postdocs, science educators, and junior faculty have completed our immersive two-week laboratory class. The Course will focus on how the complexity of biological systems, combined with traditional engineering approaches, results in the emergence of new design principles for synthetic biology. Students will work in teams to learn the practical and theoretical underpinnings of cutting edge research in the area of Synthetic Biology. In addition, students will gain a broad overview of current applications of synthetic biology by interacting with a panel of internationally-recognized speakers from academia and industry during seminars, lab work, social activities.
Scholarships: Several stipend awards are available for applicants who are accepted into the course. Please read details about the available stipend awards at https://meetings.cshl.edu/sponsors.aspx?course=C-SYNBIO&year=17
In order to be considered for an award, you must specifically reference which one you are eligible for in the Stipend Request section of your application.
- Course dates: July 25 – August 6, 2017
- Application deadline: April 15, 2017
- Application submission information: http://meetings.cshl.edu/courses/2017/c-synbio17.shtml
- Course blog & website: https://cshlsynbio.wordpress.com/
~~~ Chase Beisel, Elisa Franco, Vincent Noireaux, Lauren Woodruff